Link building is one of the most important parts of an SEO project. There are many methods you can do in building links; however, not all methods are safe and effective. If you choose the wrong strategy, you may end up losing your money on nothing. Here are some safe link building strategies for search engine optimisation with their analysis.
1. Submitting to SEO Directories Generally (except DMOZ and Yahoo which use human editors), web directories are just plain lists on the Internet which offer you no ranking as well as no relevance. This is a great way of wasting your money and time. Basically, search engine optimisation directories are paid links that pass rank. Submitting your website address to SEO directories, you will get very small chance to be at the top 10 of a major search engine.
2. Posting comments (and your links) on various forums or blogs This method uses simple idea: find forums or blogs that use relevant cache with your website and post comments with including your keywords as well as your link. Nowadays, this strategy does not work as well as it used to be in improving your rank. Today’s blogs such as Blogspot or WordPress generally set “nofollow” policy to default that you cannot get backlinks from your posted comments.
3. Using .Gov or .Edu extensions Instead of using the extensions of .Com, .Net, or .Org to your website, you use the .Gov and .Edu extensions. This strategy is indeed beneficial in improving your website rank for targeted words. However, it is neither simple nor inexpensive obtaining these extensions that you will end up exhausting your resources and time.
4. Using social media Although links posted on Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube are nofollow and may not pass PageRank, you can submit a powerful post on the Twitter to trigger a great number of quality backlinks which passes PageRank at the same time.
5. Posting press release Another strategy in building links for your website is by submitting a press release to PR Web or PR Newswire. This is a fine method to be done. In fact, an effective press release may get you quality backlinks from decent news sites. Make sure to link deep within the site if you find it relevant to your business. 6. Using internal links within your own website There are two main benefits of using internal links: you will be able to help search engine crawlers in finding new contents and your site will be able to pass PageRank. This method is frequently used by webmasters for building their link